As an organisation, JCDecaux’s founding principles of aesthetically pleasing and functional street furniture that meets the dynamic needs of local communities and provides an opportunity for advertising at the heart of cities for urban environments continues to be a top priority. The needs of the community and advertisers continues to evolve, as does the urban context our large and small format assets that are located within.
As the Urban Planning Executive, you will have a key role in the Commercial Development Team, assist in the delivery of high-quality outcomes associated with the development of new and renewal of existing out-of-home small and large format media assets nationally.
Working with the National Planning Manager it will see you facilitate the engagement of multi-disciplined consultant teams including, Town Planners, Architects, Urban Designers, and other technical specialists to develop design concepts, inform feasibility studies, obtain statutory approvals, and ultimately deliver installation of our upgrades to assets, enabling continued growth of our out of home presence across Australia.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Manage and coordinate Town Planning related activities, advice and services associated with the development of new, redevelopment or renewal of existing large and small format out-of-home media assets.
- Have and maintain a strong knowledge of State and Local government town planning legislation in 1-2 States and a willingness to grow this knowledge nationally.
- Assist the broader Commercial function in preparing and coordinating external consultants in the preparation of Town Planning related documentation, reports, presentations, and specialist external consultant advice supporting the asset growth associated with new and existing large and small format out-of-home media assets.
- Play a key role in shaping and refining to business processes for development and Town Planning related activities nationally across QLD, NSW, VIC, SA, and WA.
- Systematically, coordinate, record and manage existing Town Planning permit approvals and associated consent conditions as they affect the use and operation of large and small format out-of-home media assets.
- Work with external contractors and our Insights and Data team to systematically manage and coordinate existing Town Planning permits nationally across existing small and large format out-of-home media assets.
- Assist in building ongoing positive relationship with State and Local government.
- As required by the Commercial function visit and present JCDecaux’s Town Planning related concepts to State and Local government authorities and industry bodies.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You’ll have demonstrated experience (min 3 years) within Town Planning, property or relevant industry within the Government or private sector. You’ll be someone with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills and a real team player. In addition to:
- Degree Qualified in Town Planning, Development Management, or a closely related discipline.
- Knowledge of Local and State government development processes across at least 1 or 2 Australian States
- Confident in providing statutory and strategic urban planning principles and methods and the ability to apply them, including advice relating to land use, development capability, due diligence assessments, master plans, and the approval process and management.
- IT literate in Excel, MS word and related project management software programs.
- Be capable of concurrently managing a wide range of tasks and priorities while maintaining a highly professional approach.
JCDecaux requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure we meet our obligations under occupational health and safety legislation with regard to the safety and wellbeing of our people. Being “fully vaccinated” means having obtained a primary course recommended dosage of any approved vaccine. For most approved vaccines this is a two-dose schedule. If you are applying for a role at JCDecaux please consider this requirement when submitting your application. If your application is successful you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccination against Covid-19 to JCDecaux upon or after commencing your employment with JCDecaux.